Walking Tours of Historic Downtown Santa Fe will provide you with an up-close glimpse of the vibrant and multicultural history of the Land of Enchantment’s capital city. On your tour, our well-trained and historically knowledgeable guides will lead you on an unforgettable journey through Santa Fe’s past.
On the one and half mile walk you will discover:
- How the Villa de Santa Fe became the capital of “The Kingdom of New Mexico” and the oldest capital city in the US.
- Why the 1680 Pueblo Revolt was one of the most successful Native American rebellions in American History.
- How Santa Fe became the center of an international network of trade routes despite being at least 1000 miles from the trails’ destinations.
- Why an unassuming little office at 109 East Palace Avenue was crucial to the success of the Manhattan project and the birth of the Atomic Age.
- How a Catholic priest from France managed to build a grand stone cathedral in a town of little mud houses.
- Why New Mexico is the only state in US with a round capitol building.
- How a group of anthropologists, artists, and writers created the Santa Fe we love today.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, tours temporarily are available by advance reservation only. Reservations should be made at least five days in advance. To make your reservation, email the tour manager at [email protected].
The tour fee is $15 for adults; no fee for children 16 and under. Reservations are strongly recommended. Click here to reserve your tour and purchase tickets.