Walking Tours of Historic Downtown Santa Fe will provide you with an up-close glimpse of the vibrant and multicultural history of the Land of Enchantment’s capital city. On your tour, our well-trained and historically knowledgeable guides will lead you on an unforgettable journey through Santa Fe’s past.
On the one and half mile walk you will discover:
- How the Villa de Santa Fe became the capital of “The Kingdom of New Mexico” and the oldest capital city in the US.
- Why the 1680 Pueblo Revolt was one of the most successful Native American rebellions in American History.
- How Santa Fe became the center of an international network of trade routes despite being at least 1000 miles from the trails’ destinations.
- Why an unassuming little office at 109 East Palace Avenue was crucial to the success of the Manhattan project and the birth of the Atomic Age.
- How a Catholic priest from France managed to build a grand stone cathedral in a town of little mud houses.
- Why New Mexico is the only state in US with a round capitol building.
- How a group of anthropologists, artists, and writers created the Santa Fe we love today.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, tours temporarily are available by advance reservation only. Reservations should be made at least one week in advance, but we will make every effort to accommodate any request. To make your reservation, email the tour manager at [email protected].
The tour fee is $15 for adults; no fee for children 16 and under. Reservations are strongly recommended. Click here to reserve your tour and purchase tickets.